Facts and Figures
Also, please know that I’ve rebranded the site. The sale now includes newspunch.com (which yournewswire.com 301 redirects to). The reason for the rebrand was to become Adsense enabled. Of course, whoever buys it is welcome to use either domain name.
YourNewsWire.com is a US-based news organization founded in 2014 by Sean Adl-Tabatabai. Its purpose is to provide a voice to people and opinions underrepresented by the corporate controlled media.
The site covers breaking news, politics, and entertainment the mainstream media won't touch.
The website was launched in late 2014 and has grown year on year since.
- Writing/editing articles (14 hrs/wk); writing and editing ~ 10 daily articles on various political and cultural subjects aggregated from public sources. Proof-reading and editing articles from freelance writers.
Marketing and Business Development
- Marketing, (1hr/week). Promoting articles on all major social media channels. Sending links to articles to influencers.
- Business Development (0 hr); currently no time is spent on business development. There is a great opportunity to increase revenue and traffic to the site by spending more time finding new advertisers, redesigning the website, reaching out to writers and social media influencers to expand the output of the site, focussing on SEO, using paid advertising options (such as on Facebook, Google, Twitter).
- Customer Profile and Segmentation
- Our target market is 15 to 60 year old males with an interest in politics, breaking news, and entertainment.
- 90% of our customers are from the US, and the rest from the UK.
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer have been organically acquired primarily via Facebook which represents the majority of our traffic.
- Direct and search represents between 10-30% of the rest of our traffic.
- Customer Retention
- They are currently maintaining a mailing list of 9,000 active subscribers. They do not actively market to them nor do they actively collect email addresses - so there is scope to increase this list and market to them.
- Freedom to run business from anywhere in the world
- Website has a high SEO score
- Inactive email list of 9,000 subscribers
- Website has not engaged in any paid marketing techniques - all traffic is organic
- Only around 10 daily articles needed to keep business active
- Short lead time from purchase order to products landing in Amazon warehouses
- Monetize with Facebook Audience Network
- Optimize for SEO to increase traffic
- Sell ads directly to increase revenue
- Chance to actively collect email addresses and market to them
- Produce more unique content to increase traffic
- Increase daily content output to increase traffic
- Redesign the site to be more user friendly
- Promote with Facebook paid advertising options, find similar FB pages to cross-promote, etc.
As of August 2018, traffic is down from the average due to a highly contentious political season before the Midterm elections. We anticipate traffic levels to normalize after this.
- Customer Database
- Associated Domains
- All Site Content and Files
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
Sean Adl-Tabatabai is a TV producer, content developer, and an entrepreneur. Having worked in the television industry for 20 years, Sean began producing live events at sold out arenas, independently produced documentaries and crowd-funded £500,000 within 30 days to start an online TV/radio station in 2013. It was the online project where his interest in the online publishing world truly began.