Facts and Figures
For sale is an e-commerce and wholesale business which sells cremation urns and cremation jewellery world wide.
The companies main business is manufacturing and selling proprietary cremation urns. In addition the company imports generic funeral products such as memorial books and high end cremation jewellery.
With multiple channels to market, products are sold both direct to consumers via a separately branded b2c e-commerce platform and wholesale B2B to funeral homes, crematoriums, jewellery stores and pet cremation companies.
In 2019 well established wholesaler in the US, will begin distribution of the Urns into the US market.
The potential for continued growth into new markets is huge.
Why should someone buy this business?
This is an established stable business and brand with untapped potential. With an evergreen and infinite target addressable market, the business should continue to grow as global populations continue to age. The golden age of the death care industry is well documented with statistics for rapid growth over the next ten years.
How can the future owner improve this business?
Grow wholesale partnerships globally. Capitalise on the green shoots that have been found in the in the pet crematorium space. Explore additional markets such as UK, Canada and Europe and Japan.
- Evergreen Niche
- Length of Operation in Niche
- Significant IP Included
- The Business Is Currently Growing
- Well Established and Unique Brand
Opportunities for a new owner
- Start Selling into New Markets
- Capitalise on the Emerging Market
- Advance or Explore Retail / Distribution Partnerships
- Customer support email/ phone
- Planning and purchasing new inventory
- General Administration
- Import and logistics freight bookings
- Management of paperwork for imported shipments
- Liaise with our shipping and customs clearance agent to clear shipments
Product Development and sourcing
- All products are manufactured in India and China
- The owner watches over and manages the manufacting via email and Skype and oversees the deployment of QA inspectors on the the ground at the factories.
- Full training and operations manual provided
- All finances managed by part time book keeper
Fulfillment and Assembly
- All order processing tasks are completed by full time warehouse operations manager.
- Run email marketing campaigns
- Monitor google adwords
- Periodically co-ordinate direct mail + catalogue send outs
- Regularly post on LinkedIn to generate B2B leads
- Social media advertising
- Periodically showcase products at exhibitions
- Email Marketing
- Google Adwords
- Global reach, the business sells into the USA, UK, Canada, NZ, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Evergreen and expanding market
- Hand made ceramic urns in modern designs
- Significant good will included in sale
- Partnerships and Enterprise Sales Agreements
- Manufacturing Function
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
With a background in design, I actively develop and test new products for the funeral industry by listening to what the funeral industry wants and needs. I believe in humanising the customer service experience and making real connections with like-minded people. Specialising in importing and the timely local distribution of quality funeral products to the Australian Funeral Industry.
I bootstrapped my first business in 2001 and sold it in 2008 to focus full time on growing the funeral product business.
With over 17 years under my belt as a business owner I have a world of experience that has helped to form the business into what it is today. During this time I have been able to hone my skills in sales, marketing and production, which in turn created a highly regarded company known for its quality products and exceptional customer service.