Facts and Figures
Essential Oils is an e-commerce business selling essential oils, supplements, and aromatherapy jewelry. The business sells to middle age from the United States. The website started out as an educational blog - providing tips on aromatherapy and other natural remedies. Resultantly, there is a strong natural link profile and over 300 unique articles included in the sale. The website averages over 40,000 unique visitors per month and 86% of traffic is organic.
Why should someone buy this business?
The biggest challenge for the business has always been monetization. This has never been the current our speciality. An astute entrepreneur with the correct monetisation stratergy can capitalise on the strong customer base, exceptional organic traffic an growing market.
How can the future owner improve this business?
Create relevant products which match to every high performing blog post.
Begin social media advertising.
- Customer Service
- Evergreen Niche
- Length of Operation in Niche
- Lots of Repeat Customers
- Low Acquisition Cost for New Customers
Opportunities for a new owner
- Launch New Products
- Start Selling into New Markets
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
If you are doing the bare minimum (just shipping orders and responding to customer inquiries) you should just need to work in the business for about an hour per week.
However, if you really want to grow the business I would recommend spending at least an additional 2 to 3 hours per week to add marketing activities, these efforts may include:
- Writing and publishing more blogs
- Adding new products regularly or affiliate marketing
- Email marketing (blog subscribers and promotions)
- Posting on social media diligently
- Paid advertising
The customer base is predominantly female – young to middle aged mothers. Essential oils are trendy and people find a lot of health benefits by incorporating them into their everyday lives.
Our return rate is virtually zero, however we haven’t done a great job at customer retention. The occasional email blast does bring in some new sales and there are some aromatherapy sales reps that seem to regularly place orders.
Outside of that, it’s pretty much all new business.
- 4-year-old .com domain that is short and highly relevant
- Averaging 40,000 unique visitors per month
- 86% of traffic is organic, so not paying for any traffic
- Growing industry
- Nearly 300 unique articles, written by my wife or myself (in addition to a guest post here and there).
- Strong natural link profile. I spent the first several months guest posting and creating info-graphics to get back-links. Now they are gained naturally as editorial links. So no external SEO necessary.
In addition to the website, I’m happy to transfer over the Facebook page and email lists (including subscribers and customers). The Facebook page isn’t too exciting. Just 500 followers and we haven’t done a whole lot with it.
The website runs on Wordpress and WooCommerce is the ecommerce engine.
If I’ve left anything out, which I’m sure I have, I’m happy to answer any questions. For the potential buyer, I can provide whatever training & resources you need…
General outline of the industry
Top keywords to target
Anything else you can think of
I'm in no rush to sell. Just waiting for a good fit. I'll be 100% transparent. The site has excellent potential, but it has a conversion problem that will need to be looked into.
- All Site Content and file
- Customer Database
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
I am in digital marketing, primarily in the areas of building website content. I currently work in content marketing full-time and I’ve been running this business on the side for the past four years.