Facts and Figures
Efficient OZ is an e-commerce business which offers useful products to help you save electricity and reduce electricity bills. The business is commitmented to creating energy efficient households. Established in 2011 Efficient Oz has had great success selling into the renewable/enviornmentally friendly space. Sales have grown year on year and there is a great database of clients the are ready to hear from you. The business sells via ebay and a webstore.
This is a perfect business for someone already in the green space that wants a database and brand to start with.
Why should someone buy this business?
All products align to the single, and noble, cause of reducing a households carbon footprint. The business has been run efficiently for the past 7 years but is ready to be passed on to someone with the requisite passion to drive growth. The opportunity to add products and increase basket size is almost infinite, marketing can be immediately improved and the business is set to recieve a natural injection of revenue over the holiday period.
How can the future owner improve this business?
The business is ideally suited for someone that wants to get into the green/eco space and diversify the range. I would highly recommend setting up a review platform on Youtube and use the account which is currently setup to get more traction. I would be ordering products from all over the place and then reviewing them and putting them on the site. The mailing list is large so has a large potental to build a community around the renewable/eco space. I would upgrade the website and move it onto shopify and then start filling out the product range.
- Evergreen Niche
- High levels of Automation
- High Profit Margins
- Large Customer Database
- Low Return Rate
Opportunities for a new owner
- Launch New Products
- Start Selling into New Markets
- Improve Current Marketing Efforts
Operationally light business - however for growth will need to spend at least 10 hours a week working on it. Right now it is as simple as ordering stock when you run out and then fulfilling orders as the come in.
The business is a WFH business operated by myself. I do everything from customer service, marketing, sales, dispatch and ordering. Supply for Efergy products is from Reduction Revolution. From Keep Cup then need to approach them directly.
Customers come from two sources, ebay and direct to the website. Google Adwords works a treat to drive traffic. Customers cost about $5 each through Adwords and about the same through Ebay in fees. https://www.ebay.com.au/str/efficientoz
Database is in mailchimp with 1500 subscribers of people that have purchased from the site. 80% have purchased Keep Cups so they would be interested in reusable, ecofriendly products and information.
- Strong presence on Ebay with over 1600 positive reviews (will need to do a little work to regain top rated status as there has been some late shipments)
- Ranks well on google
- Mailchimp database of 1600 that have ordered from us in the past and given the opportunity to opt out of mailing list
- Youtube channel with 37,000 views - Great opportunity to become a review platform of eProducts
- Great opportunity for someone to increase the product range
- Good opportunity for someone to change the website and make a drop ship business
- Have about 200 Keep Cups for sale with the business - $5k worth of stock - RRP $10k (if you are looking to supply keep cups you will need to contact them directly to establish a purchasing relationship)
- Website averages about 200 view per month
2017/18 - $33492
2016/17 - $30722
2015/16 - $34141
2014/15 - $17650
2013/14 - $9071
2012/13 - $16188
2011/12 - $12694
Profit is about 20% (varies year on year).
Cost of Product 50%
Ebay and bank fees 10%
Of course on top of this you have office expenses and the like. As you can see the numbers have grown really well.
- Brand Assets
- Inventory at time of closing
Post sale support
This is support provided by the seller when transitioning the business to a buyer.
About the Seller
After coming out of the Solar Industry we set up Efficient Oz as a platform for consumers to purchase products that make their homes and businesses more energy efficient. Now 7 years later we are looking to sell this business and focus on other endeavours that are a bit closer alligned to our life goals